December 9, 2019

My Top Songs of 2019 on Spotify

The top songs of 2019 have been published for Spotify users. Scanning through my list I could tell it was accurate. Here is the Spotify link to my top songs.
This was the year of Dua Lipa and Billie Eilish. Two huge breakout artists who had tons of hits.

Some artists were holdovers from 2018, probably because I listened to my Top 2018 songs in the first couple months of 2019!

As in the past, my most listened to songs are in the Pop genre sung by mostly female artists.

Some of the tracks are songs are frequently listened to because I have been practicing them on guitar. For example, I was learning Sunflower by Post Malone, Say You Won't Let Go by James Arthur, All Mixed Up by 311, Hurts So Good by John Mellencamp, and Guitar Man by Cake.

A few songs which I bet 99% of people who know me would not guess I like:
1) Act Up by City Girls
2) My Type by Saweetie
3) Liar by Camila Cabello

Here are some tracks that are some of my favorite discoveries or rediscoveries:
1) Return to Innocence by Enigma (oldie)
2) Never Gonna Be Alone by Nickelback (oldie)
3) She Got the Best of Me by Luke Combs (new to me even though it came out in 2018)
4) Caramel by City High featuring Eve (oldie)
5) KANGA by 6ix9ine (new)
6) Bring It All to Me by Blaque (oldie)
7) Break Your Heart Right Back by Ariana Grande (new and really good album as a whole)
8) Crawling in the Dark by Hoobastank (oldie)
9) Boxing Day by blink-182 (new to me)
10) Addicted by Simple Plan (oldie)
11) Caught in the Middle by Paramore (new to me)

Some bands I discovered this year:
1) Polyphia - electronic
2) Crystal Castles - emo punk
3) Mr. Kitty - emo punk
4) Lil PEEP - trap rap
5) The Dangerous Summer - punky? check out the song The Sky Opened Up
6) Juice WRLD - rap. It was so strange that I was watching this guy's music video featuring some other rapper named NBA Youngboy on Sunday, December 8, 2019. This was the first time I had heard of either artist. When I looked up the guy online I saw that he died that same morning at an airport. He had a seizure while walking through the airport. According to a TMZ story today, he had swallowed a bunch of pain killers with the intent to smuggle them through security. This is a tactic inmates use in prison to get drugs past guards. They wrap the drugs in a condom or some other sealed container, then cough it up when they get to a safe spot. The container Juice WRLD swallowed must have broken in his system, leaking the contents of the drugs, thus causing a seizure. It was bizarre to have heard about this artist for the first time that day by watching his video and looking him up online, only to learn that he had been pronounced dead just a few hours earlier. EpicAwesomeVideos on MTV must have been playing his videos because of that news. That guy NBA Youngboy is no saint either. The guy has all kinds of crimes on his record.
7) City Girls - rap
8) Saweetie - rap
9) Lil Yachty - rap

No comments:

Post a Comment