December 12, 2013

Martian Health Care

Young man sitting on step of a doctor’s office with his head down as a Martian passes him on the sidewalk.


“What’s the matter, Earthling?” the Martian asks.


“I am sick but I don’t have any health care,” the young man says.


“There appears to be a doctor’s office is right here.  Just go in and tell them what you need.”


“But I said I don’t have health care.”


The Martian was puzzled.  “Health care is performed by the doctor inside.  They might be able to help you.”


“You don’t understand,” says the young man. “I need to have someone else pay the doctor for me.”


“What do you mean?” the Martian asked.  “Why can’t you pay for it yourself?”


“Because the service is too expensive to pay for directly out of my own pocket.”


“Why?” the Martian asked again.


“I don’t know.  It just is.”

 
The Martian wished him the best and wondered why Earth was so complicated.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment